Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stampede

We went to the Calgary Stampede this weekend, advertised as the "Greatest outdoor show on Earth!" Well it was fun. We went last year but Olivia didn't get the full fun of it, being so little. This year was another story. She absolutely LOVED the Superdogs (which is also my favorite).

We started out riding the city train and having a little snack...
After the Superdogs show which was the first thing we went to see, we had a real Stampede snack...the corndog! I love corndogs and only eat them once a year at the Stampede, so I am starting Olivia on this great tradition as well. Meanwhile, this picture, I think they could use as a poster for kids to go to Stampede. Olivia looks so cute and so messy! I love it!
After a little fuel, Olivia rode some rides and played some games with Daddy.
And saddled up like a real cowgirl is only for a photo op!
Olivia was exhausted from the day, and actually NEVER took a nap. It caught up with her though, she was asleep by 7:15 and again tonight by 7:00! These summer adventures really tire that little girl out, well, and Mommy and Daddy too!:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Would you believe I tried my first corn dog ever this past month? I bought some in the hopes of tempting my kids with something that looked like a popsicle on a stick. Jordan was fooled for a second, and actually took a bite. I wish I had the camera ready to record his reaction though. Not a bit like O's happy face.

S