Tuesday, April 01, 2008

We finally did it!

So, today Olivia had her very first hair cut! Amazing I know that we could go that long - 28months - before we cut her hair. But today seemed to be the day, get ready for spring and get a little girl new do. At first she was positive that she was getting ready, we talked about it all the way there, she even said that "its excieting!" But once we got to Linda's house she wasn't sure about it. It was fun to see all the stuff at Linda's - she had fish and fun decorations around - and the rollers were cool, but not so sure about the chair. After about 20 minutes, I said, "well, I guess we better go if you aren't getting your hair cut, tell Linda good-bye." "No, I site in the chair," she replied and that was that. She was so good and didn't wiggle and let Linda cut her hair! I of course didn't have my camera for pics of the cut itself, except for my phone, which I have no idea how to get off the phone, but I did take some tonight when we got home..."smile for mommy!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

well, congratulations to Olivia! What a big girl! Now, I have to say, I am secretly thrilled to know that I am not the only one waiting forever before getting my daughter's hair cut for the first time. I have yet to take Miss Mina for a hair cut and she's 20 months old. Contrast this with her brother - who had his first hair cut at 9 months.

on an unrelated note - I noticed your Cooking Light mag on the counter. I've been reading it for years and just love it. Do you use the recipes often? And given the chefs in the family, what are their opinions of it?